The Southwest Outreach Academic Research (SOAR) Evaluation & Policy Center offers a comprehensive set of research and evaluation services for grants, internal research, and external groups. We are currently serving as the evaluator for grants and projects that are funded through the National Science Foundation, the United States Department of Agriculture, the New Mexico Public Education Department, and others. We also work with other groups outside of the University, including ECHO for Education, the Bridge of Southern New Mexico, the Asombro Institute, and several outreach groups within NMSU under the Institute for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Education. SOAR is led by the Director, Dr. Rachel Boren, with one project specialist and graduate and undergraduate student research assistants.
Our services include:
- In collaboration with the Principal Investigator, writing the evaluation plan for grant applications and serving as the evaluator if funded
- Survey and assessment design
- Qualitative data collection, such as interviews and focus groups
- Analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Writing reports for different audiences, including funders, program leadership, and conferences
- Assistance with the Institutional Review Board (IRB) process