Excellence, Integrity, Innovation, Transparency, Leadership, Diversity
The mission of the Alliance is to contribute to the academic success of children and youth by drawing on cultural and linguistic diversity, enacted through collaborative partnerships.
The vision of the Alliance is to serve as a catalyst for supporting educational initiatives that meet the cultural, linguistic, and diverse academic needs of New Mexico’s children and youth.
- To promote opportunities for research-based and culturally responsive outreach and educational services to rural and border schools, districts and communities.
- To embrace and support cultural and linguistic diversity with a focus on improving educational opportunities in rural and border districts/schools.
- To provide access to research and resources that meet the needs of rural and border districts and communities.
- To advocate, as a collaborative group, for policies and standards that meet the needs of rural and border districts.
- To build, maintain, and strengthen relationships with pre-K12 educators and other community representatives.
- To facilitate the linking of resources between and among NMSU, pre-K12 educators, and communities entities.
- To provide access to professional development and technical assistance that meets the cultural, linguistic, and diverse academic needs of all children and youth.
- To support rural and border districts/schools in increasing community and parent engagement.
- To collaborate with the New Mexico Public Education Department (NMPED) and other state agencies to provide current information and professional development to rural and border districts/schools.
- To collaborate with the Regional Educational Cooperative Centers (RECs) to provide professional development and consulting services to rural and border districts/schools.
- To facilitate opportunities for members to network and dialogue with other who are interested in educational issues.
- To provide sound research that is relevant to current policies and standards to member districts/schools.
- To create opportunities to advocate for effective and equitable education policies and standards.